Monday, November 2, 2009

village of the damned

It's been 30 days since I appeared in the city of. The overall experience has been good, getting to know the lay of the land, finding my way around, familiarizing myself with the city. I am slowly figuring things out. It's been an adventure. Saturday was Halloween. Trick or Treat was from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. I had no idea of the time and wasn't thinking of it either. About 4:50pm there's a knock at the front door. It's a carload of kids without costumes. No candy available to hand out, I retreat to the back bedroom to wait out the duration, since the blinds are pulled and the tv off. I hear more pounding at the door and obsenities being shouted. Throughout the evening I could hear the sounds of revellers out on the streets. It sure sounded like Halloween . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment