Friday, February 5, 2010

animals


Cat tales.

Scott (human) the handyman was over the past few days working around the house (the reason why I was waiting yesterday).  Trim around the fireplace, in the sliding glass door room, the desk room; changing out locks on the front and back doors; rehanging a closet door; framing out a window; among other things.

Boris (feline) took the noise and distraction in stride, resting in her spot under the end table "the cave", occasionally checking out what Scott was working on; getting drinks from the water dish; hissing at the other cats and me.

Rocco (feline) became frightened.  The wild child hid.  Under the bed for awhile.  In the closet.  In the sink.  Behind the dryer.  I spent the last 30 minutes Scott was here holding a trembling cat.  That surprised me.

Waffle (feline) aka walnut, waffleO, buffalo, muffin, nutter kept to her spot on the kitchen chair "the perch" most of the day, eating scraps of food, caterwauling and rolling around on the floor.  The concensus: she's in heat.

Me (human), chatted with Scott, played on the Internet, ran to the mall, bought books, didn't buy snowglobes, had a mocha, saw an accident, watched TV, decided not to do laundry and had a pretty good day.

1 comments:

Beth said...

I am really surprised...I thought Rocco was fearless! Poor little guy. I hope he's okay now.

Post a Comment