Sunday, January 15, 2012

turning the page

winter has reared it's ugly head, snowstorm, frigid temps.  the part i don't like.  up to now it has been fairly mild, decent.  i've enjoyed the atypical weather.  a good friend of mine (hi beth!) had made a resolution to read 52 books within the year for 2011 and accomplished the feat and i was rather impressed, so i ascertained that i would try to read 52 books for 2012.  i will keep a list of the books i read and note my progress along the way sporadically.

1. anna dressed in blood by kendare blake - a wickedly good story of a ghost hunter and his quarry.
2. 11/22/63 by stephen king - an amazing take on the JFK assassination and the effects of history.
3. the fault in our stars by john green - a love story between two teenage cancer patients. (i just started this one today, but one chapter in and i'm enjoying it immensely.)

i have books lined up to read, so i should make some headway towards reaching my goal.  especially if the cold and snow continue.  nothing better than getting wrapped up and lost in a good story on a winters day.

2 comments:

Beth said...

All right, Matt! Good for you. I can tell you that I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I achieved my goal (and even went a little beyond it). I know you'll feel the same way!

If you aren't on it, you might enjoy Shelfari. I've been tracking my books on there for a while, and I write little mini-reviews there. It's like keeping a book journal (which I'm also doing, at least for my Top 100 list), but online. You can find me there at Luvrte66.

Good luck, and you're welcome to raid the Nutwood Library any time!

Ken Riches said...

Glad you enjoyed the King book, it was awesome. My goal is one book per month.

Post a Comment