Monday, January 9, 2017

Days Gone By

Already nine days into the new year. I have been keeping busy working, playing, relaxing, sleeping, reading, tolerating the cold, snow, winter. I decided to take a picture a day for the entire year, hence the photo of the day entries. It is a glimpse of the world around me, at home, at work, and out and about, through my eyes. I hope you enjoy. 

In 2016 I read 58 books throughout the year. My goal is to complete 50 this year. I have finished three books so far since the 1st of the year.  I have a number of books piled up to read in the coming weeks.  I have read a book about the golden age of Hollywood, a novel about apocalypse survivors in the North Pole and in Outer Space, a retelling of the story of Beauty and the Beast, and am currently absorbed into a story of a lost woman and a puppet shop.  I love being carried away by a good read.

The crock pot has been busy, beef and noodles, chicken vegetable soup, pork tenderloin, and other meals to warm my belly during the winter season. I found interesting recipes online and plan on trying them out soon.

Stay warm!

1 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I would be happy if I could read 12 books, one down so far this year...

Post a Comment