Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Solidarity (Another day, another protest)

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand ~ People Are People, Depeche Mode

Over the weekend White Supremacists held a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.  It was not a pleasant experience.  Counter-protests have been held around the country in response. Beth and I attended the local rally here in South Bend.  There is no rational reason for anyone to think they are entitled to everything based on their stupidity and ownership of guns and camouflage.  President Barack Obama eloquently quoted Nelson Mandela "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." While the current state of the nation is in turmoil, I am optimistic due to the number of people who showed up locally and nationally to denounce the actions of Nazis in America. I will not be silent nor silenced.



0 comments:

Post a Comment