Wednesday, October 7, 2009

the hundred acre wood/winnie the purist

I was excited to see that Disney is going to be releasing another Winnie the Pooh movie in the future based on new stories from a new book released Monday "Return to the Hundred Acre Wood" by David Benedictus in the tradition of Pooh's creator A.A. Milne. Disney had taken creative license with the characters to create a wood inhabited with lovable characters. I read a review of the new book that tore it apart, stating that the original feel and personalities of the characters is lost by having a new author scribe the tales and ruining the wood by adding a new character to populace. I purchased the book today and while I haven't read it indepthly, scanning pages has brought a smile to my face and I look forward to spending a couple of hours in the hundred acre wood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment