Monday, November 21, 2016

Home For The Holidays

The weather has been rather mild up until this past weekend.  It turned quite chilly and it snowed. Shane and I had the gang over for a pre-holiday Thanksgiving and Christmas gathering.  I put up one of the Christmas trees for the festivities, and made turkey, sweet potato, cole slaw, mixed berry cobbler, and pumpkin bread to munch on. Everything turned out wonderful, and it was a perfect way to start the holiday season.  I'm heading home to Milwaukee to see Mom and Dad, and whoever else is there for Thanksgiving Wednesday.  Once I'm back in the Bend, I'll put up the rest of the Christmas decorations, Shane and I will hang the lights outside, and ornaments on the trees in the side yard.  As much as I detest winter, I sure love the holidays.

Christmas Tree
Bourbon Browned Butter Pumpkin Bread
Mixed Berry Cobbler



0 comments:

Post a Comment