Sunday, November 6, 2016

It's like a chemical reaction . . .

Discovering a new band, hearing new music really gets to me.  Songs rattle through my brain for days, I break out into lyrics spontaneously, and I have to buy all available tracks ASAP.

Beth, Shane, and I decided to go see one of our favorite local bands Shiny Shiny Black who were opening for a band out of Nashville, *repeat repeat.  We went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants in Goshen, Venturi, before the show.  Afterward, we walked over to the venue, Ignition Music Garage.  Shiny Shiny Black put on an excellent show, as usual.  *repeat repeat to the stage and just blew the crowd away.  From the first note to the closing song, people were on their feet, clapping their hands, moving their bodies. What a great performance. In the days leading up to the show, the three of us had sought out their music and loved it, so we knew we would like the show.  We didn't like it, we loved it.  For me, it exceeded my expectations.  It was a high energy, raucous performance, exactly what surf rock candy music should be.

poster
Ignition Music Garage
*repeat repeat




2 comments:

Beth said...

I think they are gonna hit it big. Great energy, great sound. What a blast of a night!

Shane said...

an awesome discovery! they totally bent the gig out of shape!

Post a Comment